Frequently Asked Questions
Who is Peninsula Family Service?
Peninsula Family Service is a private non-profit organization headquartered in San Mateo, California and with sites throughout four Bay Area counties: San Benito, Santa Clara, Santa Cruz, and San Mateo.
What do you do?
Peninsula Family Service strengthens the community by providing children, families, and older adults the support and tools to realize their full potential and lead healthy, stable lives.
Who do you serve?
Peninsula Family Service supports children, families, and older adults who live or work in San Benito, Santa Clara, Santa Cruz, and San Mateo Counties. Many of our programs are free or subsidized, and provide vital resources to our region’s low-income population.
What services does Peninsula Family Service provide?
Peninsula Family Service provides a wide range of programs and services including:
- Early learning programs for infants, toddlers, and preschool-age children
- After-school enrichment for school-age children
- Low-interest vehicle loans for parents
- Debit card and savings programs
- Job resources, training, and placement for older workers
- Senior peer counseling
- Transition of care programs for older adults
- Adult Activity Center