Leo J. Ryan Child Development Center and Club
Leo J. Ryan Program
The Leo J. Ryan Child Development Center was established in 1980 as a part of Peninsula Family Service. It is located on the Sunshine Gardens Elementary School campus and is operated in partnership with the South San Francisco Unified School District. The Center has the capacity of 130 children. Alongside our Child Development Center program for preschoolers is our Club Leo J. Ryan School-Aged program. The two programs work in unison to provide opportunities to learn, explore, and have fun in an exciting, creative and bi-lingual environment through an innovative classroom curriculum. Club Leo J. Ryan stays open when parents need it most – during school breaks and in the summer.
The Child Development Center’s philosophy emphasizes building positive self-image and an appreciation for diversity.
Call us at (650) 952-6848, or visit at the Sunshine Gardens Elementary School campus at 1200 Miller Avenue, South San Francisco, CA 94080.
Did you know?
Here’s some facts about our Leo J. Ryan programs:
- In one month alone, Leo J. Ryan provides almost 2,200 afternoon snacks.
- 80% of the families at Club Leo are low income – working poor.
- 100% of the families at Leo J. Ryan Child Development Center are low income – working poor.
- In one month, Leo J. Ryan provides 1,060 breakfasts to hungry children.
- 10% of the children at Leo J. Ryan are homeless.
- In one month alone Leo J. Ryan provides 950 lunches.
You can help this special program thrive with your donation. Click here to donate.