Peninsula Family Service (PFS) is accepting proposals to redesign the organization website. This will be a concept to completion project. The purpose of this RFP is to provide a fair evaluation for all candidates, and to provide the candidates with the evaluation criteria against which they will be evaluated.
The existing website (www.pfso.org) was designed and produced in 2019 based on navigation and design specifications developed by Artsy Geek, a web development company. The focus of the website has been to drive development initiatives more so than provide potential participant information in an easy format to understand what programs and services PFS has to offer. The website has been maintained internally since it went live.
PROPOSAL GUIDELINES AND REQUIREMENTS
This is an open and competitive process. Proposals received after February 17, 2023, will not be considered. The proposal must contain the signature of a duly authorized officer or agent of the company submitting the proposal. The price you quote should be inclusive. If your price excludes certain fees or charges, you must provide a detailed list of excluded fees with a complete explanation of the nature of those fees. If the execution of work to be performed by your company requires the hiring of subcontractors, you must clearly state this in your proposal. Sub-contractors must be identified and the work they will perform must be defined. In your proposal please provide the name and address of the sub-contractor. PFS will not refuse a proposal based upon the use of sub-contractors, but does retain the right to refuse the subcontractors you have selected. Provisions of this RFP and the contents of the successful responses are considered available for inclusion in final contractual obligations.
PFS will negotiate contract terms upon selection, and a project will be awarded upon signing of an agreement or contract, which outlines terms, scope, budget and other necessary items.
PURPOSE, DESCRIPTION, and OBJECTIVES
PFS currently has a website presence that is outdated in appearance, structure, functionality and in the presentation of content to multiple audiences. An opportunity exists to re-engineer the site to better reflect the mission of PFS and incorporate the latest web technologies. Upon completion of the development of the site, PFS will assume full responsibility for web site content and administration. All content, coding and graphics will become the sole property of PFS.
Create a mobile responsive, informative, up-to-date web site that is easy to maintain and is viewable by mobile devices, tablets, and desktop computers. In addition to designing a user-friendly site with an intuitive interface. Our current site uses WordPress. In addition, we are seeking a design partner that provides tools for search engine optimization and social sharing. For pages and content that are not yet in existence, the preference is to have user-selectable, predefined templates to choose from that dictate the layout and color scheme. PFS will consider other hosting options based on recommendations.
- PFS program information / About
- Collect donations
- Integration with our CRM NXT (contact forms/collect contact info)
- Integration with ETO – intake forms
- Recruitment portal
- Google analytics/ SEO dashboard
- Interactive team management plug in
- Maintenance package/ vendor
- Google translation
- Web Content Accessibility Guideline approved
- Better Impact (volunteer portal)
We Will Consider Add-ons:
- Chatbot – English/Spanish/Mandarin
- Donation options (PayPal – QR code – apple pay – google pay)
- Online form functionality (integrate with CRM – sophisticated mapping)
- CMS functionality (WordPress, or other?)
- Mobile responsive (Apple, Android) and popular browsers (Chrome, Safari, Edge, Firefox)
- Intuitive, user-friendly navigation
- SSL certificate and HTTP protocol
An upgrade to our current website is needed to enable multiple audience profiles to easily find what they need (participants seeking services, donors, grantmakers, volunteers, recruitment, payment portal, etc) The new website should engage visitors by presenting attractive visual images, intuitive navigation, and simple messaging, while at the same time increasing functionality. The website update tools that are incorporated must allow for timely delivery of content using basic technical skills and limited personnel. Implementing PFS brand strategy on the website is essential to standardize and expand the reach at the different sites of the organization, both physically and digitally.
- This RFP is dated January 17, 2023.
- Proposers may request more specific, detailed information by contacting: Theresa Myers, Senior Marketing and Communications Manager, email@example.com.
- Proposals are due no later than February 17, 2023. Proposals will be evaluated immediately thereafter.
- During this time we may require interviews (either at our location or via videoconference) with our evaluation team on or about February 24, 2023.
- The name of the candidate firm who has been selected will be decided on or about March 15, 2023.
- Negotiations will begin immediately with the successful candidate and should conclude no later than April 1, 2023.
- The completion and delivery dates of the project and its phases will be mutually agreed upon prior to signing a contract.
Please provide detailed information to accomplish the project scope outlined below. The budget and proposal must include all design, production, software acquisition, integration and necessary development and maintenance of the web site.
Proposals must address the following:
- Describe your understanding of our current website challenges.
- Summarize your proposed solution, and how your solution will resolve our current website challenges.
- Provide a detailed summary of pricing for the proposed services and products, with alternative pricing.
- Tell us about your company and any work you have done that is relevant to PFS mission and vision.
- What are your values (diversity, nonprofit experience)
- Provide links to your agency website, online portfolios, and social media.
- Identify the team who will work on this project. Include name, title/role, and brief background/experience of each. Include subcontractors if applicable.
- Provide a list of three references.
Options and pricing:
- Based on the details in the RFP, tell us about your proposed solution in terms of creative design strategy, methodology, plan, and other important aspects of the redesign process. Include all project phases and tasks, along with a line-item breakdown of costs.
- If there are multiple options available for website additions (widgets, security, plugins, etc.), please include two pricing options in your proposal: A premier package option and a basic package option and your recommendations to stay within the budget for this project.
- Propose a maintenance schedule and pricing.
Project Management, schedule, and deliverables:
- Describe how you manage projects with clients and how often you provide updates.
- Outline the products and/or services that will be delivered.
- Provide the suggested project schedule detailing estimated time and additional costs which may be required for each phase of the project.
Training and support:
- Provide details on the user training and support included for content editors along with the training support format.
Provide payment schedule.
Include all terms and conditions.
ABOUT PENINSULA FAMILY SERVICE
Founded in 1950, Peninsula Family Service (PFS) is a multi-faceted organization with excellent reputation for providing innovative, professionally led, locally targeted solutions to secure the wellness and stability of our neighbors. Counties supported by PFS: San Benito, Santa Clara, San Mateo, and Santa Cruz.
Peninsula Family Service strengthens our community by providing children, families, and older adults the support and tools to realize their full potential and lead healthy, stable lives.
We envision a community where opportunity, financial stability, and wellness are secured for all.
PFS operates 8 early learning centers on the Peninsula and accepts children from 8 weeks old to age 5. One site also includes after school care for children up to age 12. PFS supports low-income families including those who are homeless, with a safe, nurturing environment where they can learn, socialize, and thrive. Our staff also offer targeted therapeutic interventions for children who have experienced trauma. The program provides high-quality curriculum, with the premier program “STEM from the Start” introduced in the infant, toddler, and preschool age children. Each child is provided with healthy meals and snacks during the day. We also support their development at home by educating parents on the latest early childhood techniques.
PFS offers programs to improve financial stability for our community. Each new participant first attends a financial education workshop. For many, the workshop is a critical starting point for achieving long term financial stability. In the workshop, participants gain information, tools, and skills to understand credit, improve credit scores, develop and utilize a working budget, and learn about the credit building opportunities that PFS offers. Services include financial education, affordable auto loans, prepaid debit cards, and lending circles.
Older Adult Services:
We help people stay connected to their community, their neighbors, and their passion for life. Through our programs we promote health, mobility, independence, and we reduce rates of illness and injury, as well as ensure aging members of our community live better. Services include a resource hotline, transportation, mental health tools, an adult activity center, wellness checks, nutritious meals, technology training, subsidized therapy, and a peer counseling program.
PFS is a leading organization in employment for adults age 50+ with two unique programs. The Senior Community Service Employment Program (SCSEP) program assists adults age 55+ living in San Mateo County in their search for employment by providing guidance, direction, resources, paid classroom training, job match up, and placement. The Mature Worker Program is for adults age 50+ living in Santa Clara County in collaboration with NOVAworks. Participants learn age-neutral resume writing and interview strategies, have opportunities to network, and attend specialized workshops.