To all those who have invested their time, sweat, and passion in our programs, we give our deepest, most profound thanks.
Because of you, thousands of your neighbors are stepping from the shadows to live a life where opportunity, financial stability, and wellness are within reach.
We rely on our professional community members to advise and empower our participants. Join our Board of Directors, Advisory Council, and/or our DriveForward loan committee to share your expertise with our organization. These opportunities involve a monthly commitment and an application process with our executive staff members.
If interested in a leadership volunteer role, please contact Maria Chavez, Executive Coordinator, firstname.lastname@example.org
If interested in being on the DriveForward loan committee, please contact, Rob Lajoie, VP of Financial Empowerment, email@example.com
NextGen Associate Board
Are you interested in becoming a leader on the Peninsula and in your community? Consider joining the inaugural cohort of the Peninsula Family Service (PFS) NextGen Associate Board. The NextGen Associate Board is a new initiative from PFS to get younger people involved with a local nonprofit that servers their community.
Interested? Find out more here!
Early Learning Volunteer Opportunities
- opportunities are suspended due to COVID-19Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for opportunities
Financial Empowerment Volunteer Opportunities
Financial Products & Education
- Serve on the DriveForward loan committee (finance background required)
- Teach financial workshops (training certified)
- Conduct participant surveys
Second Careers Program
- Conduct mock interviews
- Help with resume writing and review
- Research employment opportunities
Older Adult Services Volunteer Opportunities
- Teach basic computer and smartphone skills
- other in person opportunities are suspended due to COVID-19
- Attend 35 hour training to learn active listening skills, recognize and respond to grief, depression, and anxiety, while working with diverse cultures. Volunteers who speak Mandarin, Tagalog, Spanish, or identify and LGBTQ are encouraged to apply.
Special Project Volunteer Opportunities
- Participate in backpack drive
- Support special events