Peninsula Family Service offers a wide range of volunteer opportunities: Early Learning, Financial Empowerment, Older Adult Services, and special projects. To all those who have invested their time, sweat, and passion in our programs, we give our deepest, most profound thanks. Because of you, thousands of your neighbors are stepping from the shadows to live a life where opportunity, financial stability, and wellness are within reach.
Individuals aged 15+ can begin volunteering in any of our program areas. This is a great opportunity for community service hours or for families to get more involved in their local community.
Corporate groups, nonprofit organizations, and schools are invited to volunteer at our sites throughout the Bay Area. Our sites can accommodate groups of 5-20 people depending on the size of the site and population served.
We rely on our professional community members to advise and empower our participants. Join our Board of Directors, Advisory Council, and/or our DriveForward loan committee to share your expertise with our organization. These opportunities involve a monthly commitment and an application process with our executive staff members.
If interested in a leadership volunteer role, please contact Maria Chavez, Executive Coordinator, email@example.com
If interested in being on the DriveForward loan committee, please contact, Rob Lajoie, VP of Financial Empowerment, firstname.lastname@example.org
Early Learning Volunteer Opportunities
- Read and play with children
- Create and participate in circle time activities
- Organize classroom and library
- Make toddler blankets
- Fix play equipment
- Plant and maintain gardens
- Host Pre-K graduation, including backpacks for graduates
- Assemble toys
- Tutor Kindergarten – 5th grade (South San Francisco)
Financial Empowerment Volunteer Opportunities
Financial Products & Education
- Serve on the DriveForward loan committee (finance background required)
- Teach financial workshops (training certified)
- Conduct participant surveys
Second Careers Program
- Conduct mock interviews
- Help with resume writing and review
- Research employment opportunities
Older Adult Services Volunteer Opportunities
- Prep and serve meals
- Host a holiday party
- Help with organic garden
- Teach basic computer and smart phone skills
- Lead arts and craft projects
- Attend 35 hour training to learn active listening skills, recognize and respond to grief, despression, and anxiety, while working with diverse cultures. Volunteers who speak Mandarin, Tagalog, Spanish, or identify and LGBTQ are encouraged to apply.
Special Project Volunteer Opportunities
- Organize and host Career Closet
- Assistance with office work: mailings, filing, process in-kind donations, and more
- Participate in backpack drive
- Support special events
- Participate in holiday turkey/food basket drive